The Art & Science of Arachnids - Arizona Science Center
*The event has already taken place on this date: Sun, 01/02/2022
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update it immediately.
In addition, Guests can:
- Weave their own spider web with Arachne a giant model of an orb weaver spider
- Marvel at the macro photography art exhibition by famous German photographer, Julian Kamzol
- Build a predator robot or a prey robot to explore predator/prey relationships
- Conduct hands-on experiments in the Spider Lab
- Relax with a good book in the Cob Web Corner
- Learn about the types and properties of silk. Try on a Kevlar vest
- Discover the adaptations of Fangs, Stingers, and Claws
- Learn how arachnids grow
- Assemble an Arachnid with large puzzle pieces while learning arachnid anatomy
- Dance the Tarantella, an Italian folk dance
- Control a video image of a tarantula and coordinate its 8 legs walking forward and backward, faster and slower
- Compare your size to that of prehistoric and modern-day arachnids
- Meet live arachnids in the Arachnid Arena
The Art & Science of Arachnids is included with admission to the Science Center. Additional tickets are required for the Irene P. Flinn Giant Screen Theater, Dorrance Planetarium, and featured exhibition. Children under 3 are always FREE.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.