Audubon Virtual Camp
*The event has already taken place on this date: Thu, 08/06/2020
Join Audubon Connecticut for Week 3 of our Virtual Camp— Bioblitz. Learn how to blitz your yard and become a community scientist! We’ll keep track of all the species we find as we look under logs, learn to catch dragonflies and insects, meet the snakes and turtles at the Sharon and Greenwich Audubon Centers, and learn how to use the iNaturalist* community science app—which helps to provide beneficial data to scientists around the world.
- Tuesday, August 4 at 10 - 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 5 at 10 - 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, August 6 at 10 - 11:30 a.m.
- Last Day to Sign Up: Monday, August 3
*The iNaturalist app will need to be loaded onto your computer or mobile device for this week of camp.
- For ages Kindergarten through 6 Grade
- 5 weeks of online nature experiences, beginning July 21, 2020
- Three 90-minute sessions per week (from 10 - 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday)
- Register by the week or for individual specific days
- $40 per week or $15 per session
- Mac, Windows PC, or a mobile device with a webcam, stable internet connection, and access to Zoom video conferencing (required)
Each 90-minute virtual camp session will include activities such as livestream segments and recorded segments with educational nature lessons, featured crafts, and some Wild Jobs highlights from field professionals. The sessions will be led live via Zoom by Audubon Connecticut Educators from our Sharon, Greenwich, and Bent of the River Audubon Centers. We will also provide links to additional educational videos and ideas for more activities and crafts for your child to enjoy at home, beyond the scheduled camp time.
For questions, please contact Kate Pratt at email@example.com or 203-405-9113.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.