Girls Who Code is an international nonprofit leading the movement to close the gender gap in technology. We’ve reached 450,000 girls and young women through our programming and have sparked culture change through marketing campaigns and advocacy efforts, generating 13 Billion engagements globally. We have 90,000 college- or post-aged alumni—nearly 3x the number of women who graduated with a degree in CS or related field in 2019.
We offer free and flexible computer science programs for 3rd-12th grade students to learn how to make a positive impact on the world through computer science.
- Girls Who Code Clubs (In-person or Virtual!):
- We provide educators with free resources, 120+ hours of customizable plug and play curricula, inspiring women in tech spotlights, community-building activities, and comprehensive support and training to help 3-5th and 6-12th graders be brave and resilient as they use code to change the world. NO coding experience needed!
- Girls Who Code at Home Activities (Virtual):
- We release free downloadable computer science activities for students, educators, and parents bi-weekly—some online and some offline, of varying levels of difficulty.
- Girls Who Code Summer Programs (Virtual):
Participants in all programs can access exclusive alumni benefits and career support for life, including our Hiring Summit, pre-internship programs, virtual mentoring, and GWC Talks webinars for career tips and strategies.