Taking inspiration from the play of light and color in a kaleidoscope, Harmon Library shines throughout the day as sunlight ranges across the colored glass in numerous skylights and gunslot windows. Providing a welcoming transition from the exterior, decking leads to a central service desk. A multi-purpose meeting room seats 75. Built in 1950, the original Harmon Library (located at 411 W. Yavapai) was Phoenix Public Library's first branch facility. A ceramic mural from the original building has been relocated to a reading patio in the new facility. Three banners that hang from the ceiling trusses depict the mural - each is a photographic representation of 1/3 of the original piece. The original Harmon Library has been replaced by a landscape installation designed by artist Stacy Levy, entitled "River of Shade." The project was coordinated by City of Phoenix Parks & Recreation Department and the Phoenix Office of Arts and Culture.
325 S. 5th Ave.Phoenix , AZ , 85007
Phone: 602-262-463633° 26' 41.5248" N, 112° 4' 48.5508" W
What our organization offers:
Subjects / Categories:
Ages for which our activities are most appropriate:
Harmon Library is located on 5th Avenue south of Buckeye Road.
Academic, Creative Writing, Language, Tutoring / Test prep, History, Science, Technology/Computers, Mathematics, Foreign Language, Reading / Story time, Hands-on, Arts and Crafts, Home Schooling